My name is John, and I’m nobody important-really. I’ve never run for an office, or worked for a political party, and couldn’t tell you if our County Representatives are Republicans or Democrats. The most important thing I’ve ever done is marry a teacher and father two beautiful children: a four year old, and a six year old.
I’ve been a resident of Shiawassee County for about 10 years now. I love this community and the people in it. I believe that we have a fantastic police force and have always found them to be professional, friendly, and helpful. Our crime rate is surprisingly low given the high poverty level in our County. In other words we should be proud of our Sheriffs department and the great work that they do everyday to keep us safe.
I created this site because:
- State law requires the Sheriff to provide police protection to the people of the County.
- Our families deserve good police protection-even if we don’t live in Durand or Owosso.
- The County needs to learn the same thing that it’s citizens have learned over the past 4 years-Do more with less.
- Our Commissioners need to learn to worry more about those that they represent, and less about their healthcare and pensions.
- Our Deputies do a great job and shouldn’t be rewarded for that with an unemployment check.
- Our County deserves transparent government. They’re shouldn’t be any secrets. All work that the County does is ours and should be treated as such.
Please join me in my quest to bring back our County Road Patrol!